These leftovers make great leftovers!
Best served warm.
- Olive oil
- Leftover risotto
- 1/2 Corn meal in a saucer
- Italian herbs
- Mayo (or some other kind of saucy/dippy thing)
- In a heavy fry pan, heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan (about 1/8 inch) to medium.
- Form risotto into patties, about 1/3 inch thick
- Pat the patties into the cornmeal like you're breading it. No need to worry about how much to get on the patty - risotto is sticky and you're simply aiming to get an even coat.
- Set patties into fry pan and fry until golden and crispy - about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer from pan to plate, sprinkle with Italian herbs, add a dollop of mayo, and serve!